Tuesday 22 February 2011

London Fashion Week: Ashish AW11

I saw my first Ashish show this time last year and I've been hooked ever since; it was really exciting being back again for AW11 because I completely and utterly adore the label. Not only does Ashish make sequins edgy (as opposed to something that resembles an 80s disco-ball) but he makes such beautiful and playful clothes that I can help but dribble at the mere sight of them. I've not had a chance to catch-up with the rest of London Fashion Week yet but this collection is by far the best I personally saw all season...






















I literally thought this collection was ingenious; I'd even go so far as to say that Ashish is the master of sequins - how great are the baggy skeleton trousers?! This seasons heroine (you'll love this) is "perfectly content to sponge off Mum and Dad, yet discreet enough to ensure her flatmates are unaware of her imminent succession to a thousand acres of grouse shooting and a castle that makes Balmoral look like a Portakabin". As I said, ingenious.

Ripped jumpers juxtaposed perfectly with sequinned trousers; great for dressing-down the going-out look and vice versa. I haven't seen the BFC showspace that rammed for a long while which made the whole experience rather sweaty/exciting - especially because of the whole "only one day left to go" vibe. I never thought I'd say it but I'll be glad to see the back of London Fashion Week for another season, I miss having a social life and regular sleeping pattern!
















What do you think of Ashish? Have any shows really stood out to you from London or are you waiting for the big boys in Paris and Milan to strut their stuff?

Photos taken by me, do not use/copy without permission! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of Ashish. The holey jumpers look very fetching. THose skeleton trousers have a risqué Jeremy Scott feel to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the skeleton trousers look amazing! I love a bit of sequin so long as it's not too tacky as well. x

    ReplyDelete

Shoot em' up