Wednesday 2 February 2011

Love Love Love

Or not, as the case may be...


I've always been a bit indifferent towards Love magazine; sometimes it's really great and then other times it's just really dull. This cover makes me especially unhappy because it has all the makings of a great cover but just completely misses the mark. 

Photographed by Mert and Marcus and featuring the beautiful Kate Moss, this cover for the Androgyny Issue of Love should have been something wonderful. Instead I can't help thinking that the dodgy text and even dodgier hair make Kate less than extraordinary. The styling (aside from the quiff/mullet) is average but the photography is great, what happened?!

To compensate for what I think is a poor Kate cover, I've put together some of her better ones from over the years:


The W cover is a particular favourite of mine - she makes a perm look hot! What is your favourite Kate cover and what do you think of the Love cover?

photos from fashiongonerogue.com and coverjunkie.com

3 comments:

  1. i agree, the font in particular annoys me.. it holds my attention for too long, and it annoys me! the hairstyle is horrendous too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's a little bit meh I have to say. I do like The Face cover, she just looks so young and cute! Also makes an Indian headband look pretty cool x

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it anyway, she's so ''camaleonic'' that is always great!

    ReplyDelete

Shoot em' up