Monday 21 February 2011

London Fashion Week: Olivia Rubin AW11




















I used to think I was quite a dab-hand at photography but judging by the quality of these photo's, it's safe to say I'm not. I'd never been to Jalouse before and still think it a strange venue for a fashion show but Olivia Rubin made it work in her own quirky way.

Olivia is rather skilled in the print-department and as you can see from these (rather blurry) photos, she's not shy when it comes to colour. There were some really lovely pieces from the collection - a brick-print maxi skirt and a purple brick/floral print top were especially cute - but I didn't feel particularly inspired. I think Olivia has a lot of potential as her prints really are great but at the moment her clothes are missing that much needed va-va-voom.

What do you think of Olivia's collection? Being a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to fashion shows, I like to feel safe knowing that I'll see everything with ease, what do you think about watching a show in a nightclub instead of on a catwalk?

Photos taken by me, do not use/copy without permission!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shoot em' up