Monday 21 February 2011

London Fashion Week: Ziad Ghanem AW11

Ziad Ghanem has been the most surprising show I've seen so far this season. It threw me a bit, you could say. Not only was there a mix of female and male models (in full make-up and dresses, might I add) but the some of the dresses were out of this world. Admittedly many of them weren't to my liking but what's fashion if you can't have fun with it?


 As you can see, the make-up was pretty terrifying but it also made it unusually difficult to distinguish the girls from the boys. I thought the face-paint slightly detracted from some of the clothes but all to their own!


This was my favourite dress from the collection - there's only so much avant garde one can take and this struck a great balance between being a bit wacky and being really quite beautiful. I can see this being worn by a Hollywood A-Lister on the red-carpet without looking too vampy because it's so stunning, no?

Photo's taken by me, do not use/copy without permission!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shoot em' up