Saturday 20 February 2010

LFW Fashion East

With a stellar line-up composed of Michael van der Ham, Heikki Salonen and new-boy Nasir Mazhar, Fashion East was never going to be boring.

The crystal detailing at Michael van der Ham was gorgeous, as were the McQueen-esque plaited hair; however, the 'mismatched' dresses didn't really do anything for me (although I loved the Liberty print he used!).
(not van der Ham but this photo is adorable!)

Not only was Nasir a complete diva-fest backstage (tears, tantrums - and all because of a bit of body paint), but the hair and make-up was just mind-boggling.Inspired by black culture Duffy bought the models to life with gold fro-combs and fluro hairpieces. The hats/head-pieces were complete showstoppers and although I loved the minimalist bondage/net looks, they merely served as a canvas.

Heikki, Heikki, Heikki, what a year you've had! Out of the three Fashion East designers, this season Mr Salonen was my favourite by far. His grungey aesthetic was highlighted with distressed and studded trousers, leather and fur bombers, dark rich colours and utilarian fabrics. The red and navy velvet DM's were a nice touch as were the tinted glasses (luckily I saved mine from the Spice Girls heyday - I knew they'd come in handy one day!)

Heikki stuffing a 'back-pack'

The last photo is hand's down my second favourite photo of the day - tomorrow you'll see why it wasn't first! After a long day at Somerset House I'm glad to call it a day, will post the Holly Fulton photos tomorrow when I'm not sleep deprived.

Photo's taken by me, do not use/copy without permission!

4 comments:

  1. I adore the photo with the model eating the banana! it's totally adorable. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it wrong to love this show simply because of the super hot topless models? Unbeliveable styling, thanks for the post.

    Follow me at www.iheartfashion2009.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Shoot em' up