Tuesday 2 February 2010

The Brits 2010

Every time I turn on the telly (considering the only channels I watch are MTV, E4, Living and The Style Network) I'm inundated with crappy adverts about cashing my gold and wrinkle-free skin.

So I'm super excited about the Brits this year, not because I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone wears (although I am curious) but because Animal Collective have been nominated for Best International Breakthrough Act. Considering the winner will be decided by MTV viewers, you can appreciate the sheer amount of advertising I've endured whilst catching up on Gossip Girl/The Hills etc.

This is exciting because they're one of my favourite bands and if you haven't heard of them by now, shame on you. I've only ever listened to them at parties/on skating DVD's/when I'm chillin' so it kind of took me by surprise but in a good way. They're up against Lady Gaga, Daniel Merriweather (err why?), Empire of the Sun and Taylor Swift (...) so if you haven't had a listen by now, this is the perfect opportunity.


I've just put my vote in, what do you think about the nominations? Is there anyone you would of liked to have seen up-there instead?

PS. I didn't include Taylor Swift on purpose, she's not even popular here!

2 comments:

Shoot em' up