Sunday 16 May 2010

There were never such devoted sisters...

I knew it would happen - Ashley Olsen has finally started dressing well again. I was surprised at her choice of 'coming out' outfit because Johji Jamamoto isn't something I'd have pictured her in, but don't they both look great?


Mary-Kate in head-to-toe Givenchy looks amazing as always but I really wish she'd sort her posture out, she looks so demure and hunched next to Ashley. They were attending to host the Free Arts 12th Annual Art Auction in New York and I just love their whole bag-lady-meets-goth-chic look, it reminds me of Mary-Kate circa 2007 - my favourite Olsen year.



Of course there's been critics, apparently wearing head-to-toe black means you are in mourning, of your childhood...seriously? I always wear black and I'm pretty sure my childhood, or lack of it, has nothing to do with this. 

Ashley wore tartan and leopard print a couple of days earlier so I'm pretty sure she's not mourning anything right now...


I'm glad to see Ashley doing what she does best, looking amazing. I'm not going to be busting out a leopard scarf, leather jacket, tartan trouser-skirt or sandals anytime soon but it's great to see her back on track! I'm going to be away again from tomorrow but I'll post as much as I can. Do you give Ashley a thumbs up or a serious thumbs down?

PS. For all you Dolly Mix bloggers, you will be receiving an email shortly - I promise!

photos from olsenobsessive.net

3 comments:

  1. oh my I really do like the leopard with tartan. don't care what anyone else says!

    xStace

    ReplyDelete
  2. they both look absoultley amazing in all black!! yes, reminds me of why i fell in love with them in the first place. well actually no, reminds me of why i fell in love with them the second time. the first was when i was about 8 - i own almost all of their old movies & tween books! haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, interesting post!

    Check out my new high heel shoe design blog!

    Louboutininthemaking.blogspot.com

    All designs are hand-drawn!! Take care

    ReplyDelete

Shoot em' up