Thursday 7 October 2010

Paris Fashion Week: Alexander McQueen SS11

I'm usually so consumed by Fashion Week (home and away) that I forget what eating/sleeping/having a social life is. This season, not so much. Yesterday evening, Paris brought proceedings to a close for another 6 months and I can't help but be severely underwhelmed by everything. Trust McQueen (or should I say Burton) to be my diamond in the rough...

Considering she had some rather enormous boots to fill, Sarah Burton really encapsulated what Alexander McQueen is about. Although she added a more feminine twist to the collection, the edge and ingenious were still very much there. The amphibious and decadent military elements from the previous two seasons have been re-worked for the modern Mcqueen woman, and I completely loved it. 

Admittedly I wasn't so keen on the suits but the black leather and floral embellishment made Burton's début collection a winner. I'm already thinking about which leading ladies will be wearing these beauties on the red carpet:

What have been your highs and lows from this season and who would you like to see wearing McQueen's latest designs? It'll be interesting to see where Burton takes the brand, I hope she retains Lee's ingenuity and creativity because after all, that's why we loved him so much...

photos from style.com

3 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more with you. Considering the shoes she had to fill, she's done remarkably well! Love the pics you've chosen too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I'm lovin' the collection, especially the first dress in your post!

    xx
    http://foragirlbyagirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree!! and totally diggin this collection

    ReplyDelete

Shoot em' up