Monday 11 October 2010

Back to Basics: Mary-Kate Olsen

It's been coming for some time, but Ashley Olsen move over - Mary-Kate has officially taken over in the style stakes. I didn't want to admit it, but she is definitely the more fashionable twin these days and their recent trip to Paris proves just that...

Sticking to what she knows best in black layers, MK came out on top. I know I've been talking of experimenting with colour recently but until there is a need to do so (summer isn't until next year, after all) I'm going to make like Mary-Kate and go head-to-toe black. Predictable? Yes. But you can't say she doesn't look smokin'.

There's a million and one black pieces out there just waiting to be bought - my winter coat included - but here are just a few pieces you could start with, I'm especially taken with the YSL heels...

Coat, Alexander McQueen. Heels, YSL. Bag, Marc by Marc Jacobs - all at Net-a-Porter.com. Felt Hat, Topshop. Silk Blazer, Issa at TheOutnet.com.

Do you have a favourite item in Mary-Kate colour of choice? I'm looking for the perfect black winter coat, so if you know of anything particularly special, let me know!

Photos from the fashionspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Great choices, saw these images before and they are brilliant! MJ looks incredible, although I think only blondes can pull off head to toe black, if I did it with my hair I would look a little too Wednesday Adams.

    Loving the Topshop hat, really want a big brimmed hat in my life,

    R x

    ReplyDelete

Shoot em' up