Sunday 15 November 2009

Lady gone Gaga?

If there were ever a character to split the fashion realms, it would of course be Lady Gaga. I've never known a celebrity to create such a divide; she is literally like Marmite - you either love her or hate her.

I've always been a fan because she continuously comes out wearing something different - whether its designer or not.

However, her latest public outing at MOCA's 30th Anniversary Gala has left me a little confused. I'm not so keen on the Frank Gehry hat (it's a bit too papier-mache for my liking) and the bodice looks like Christopher Straub's newspaper creation from series 6 of Project Runway.

But (and there's always a but) I love the chandelier inspired Prada skirt and the eccentric blue make-up. Blue make-up - whether it be on lips or eyes - always reminds me of young children trying out eyeshadow for the first time, but I think she wears it well.

Overall, I'm still not 100% on this look, but no one's perfect.


Photos from thefashionspot.com

4 comments:

  1. I think is the makeup was better (meaning less of it) I think it would look OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when she goes bonkers on her videos and performances. I think she should edit her red carpet looks.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. i actually don't like her style.

    ReplyDelete

Shoot em' up